Kit List - what your child needs to bring to Nursery
Spare clothes, shoes, wellies and Suncream!
The children enjoy playing outside most days. We use our extensive outdoor areas to develop all aspects of learning and give them the opportunity to benefit from fresh air. In order to make the most of outdoor play children need:
- Wellies (and indoor shoes if they come wearing wellies)
- A waterproof or outdoor coat (NAMED)
- Sun Cream (April - September as it can still be hot and we can be outside all day)
- Spare Clothes (they do enjoy playing with water)
PLEASE PUT NAMES IN COATS AND LUNCHBOXES TO AVOID THINGS GETTING MIXED UP AND LOST
Staying for lunch?
If your child is staying all day, they will need a packed lunch
At Curious Goose we aim to follow Department of Health guidelines for healthy eating. Please help us with this by sending in as part of your child’s packed lunch:
- At least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables.
- Meat, fish or other source of non-dairy protein (e.g. lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, hummus, peanut butter or falafel).
- A starchy food such as any type of bread, pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes or other type of cereals every day.
- Dairy food such as milk, cheese, yoghurt, fromage frais or custard.
Please don’t send:
- Sugary drinks,
- High-salt and fat snacks such as crisps and salted nuts (also a choking hazard in young children)
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars, chocolate-coated biscuits and sweets, which are high in sugars and fats.
- High-fat meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies and sausages should be included only occasionally